Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Goalkeeper or A Striker?

Hi/salam

Last two days, I was playing soccer with my friends and as usual, at 5.30pm only me, my ex-roommate and a few other people were in the field. This post is not about the punctuality but, just keep on reading.

As me and my friends were about to start, we were having conflict on who’s going to be the other team’s keeper cause their team got the main keeper and our sub didn’t show up. So, I offered myself to be this team’s keeper as no one else are good at it except me (it’s not an exaggerated fact, it is a fact). While we were playing, I noticed that my defense went a little bit higher and some of them went to help the attacking force. Since I rarely comment anything in the field, I just let it be and in about 10 minutes or so after my defense went up, they shot the ball that passed right at the tip of my left hand (it is my weakness anyway). Damn, they scored. So I changed with my friend, he be the keeper and I be the defender. It’s tough but every time I noticed that my other defender went up, the other team attacked. Until at one point, I noticed I was in the middle line and since I am the last man, you can think where my other defenders went. Yeah, they went to up field and attack.

Did you get my point here? I guess some of you may have and some may have not. My point here is, the one that shoot the ball into the net, get the glory while we, defenders (including the keeper) does not get anything at all. Let me give you an example, if your team played and win 2-0 against the other team, certainly the question will be “who’s the scorer?” Although the team’s defense was so tough till the opponent can’t get a score, still, the scorer gets all the glory. Why is this happening? I don’t know the answer yet. I will play again with them and ask them this question. And I hope you also think about what have I wrote here.

No comments:

Post a Comment