Monday, July 19, 2010

Time

Hi/salam.

It's been a long time since I wrote some useful stuff in here. Yeah, my holiday will end this week and new semester will start next Monday. Recently I realized how time passes around us swiftly without we even realized that it was there. I still remember when I was 6 years old and stole something from the shop nearby. I also still remember the moment I bullied my friends during my primary and secondary school. And yet now I am in 2nd year of my degree program, doing whatever I can to see what future brings to me.

2 weeks from now, one of my friends will change her status from single to married, literally. What I am trying to say here is that if you remember back your past, you will realize how time marches on without any hesitation. And yet you still use your time unwisely. Sleeping more than 8 hours a day, doing some useless stuff, playing games and hanging out with friends are some example of unwise used of time. I know, I am also doing the same thing for the past few weeks of my holiday. Right now I questioned myself with this: How do I spend my time? The question remain unanswered.

Just imagine, if we sleep 8 hours a day, by the time we are 60, we spend about 20 years just for sleeping. And I don't think spending 20 years just to sleep is a good way for spending your time. That is just for example. You see, our brain needs enough rest. We all know that. But the amount of enough rest is not the same for every human in this world. So I am now trying to experiment a few things right after the semester is open.

  1. If our brain needs enough rest, then there is a possiblity that the time needed for our brain to have enough rest is cut short. Means if average time needed is 8 hours, I can reduce it to 4 or 5 hours a day.
  2. I can increase my sense of time if I constantly look at my watch (need to buy one first).
  3. Our brain needs enough rest a day. So i figured that it the rest doesn't necessarily a straight rest. It can also be at certain interval.

There are also some other experiment that I want to complete but that's another story. Anyway, as I said, time doesn't wait for anybody. So make sure use your time wisely so that you will not regret anything later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment