Saturday, August 7, 2010

......and Criticism

Davy Crockett had a simple motto; "Make sure you are right, then go ahead." Every one of us, like every successful person you will ever meet, faces moments of criticism. No matter what your career involvement, the more successful you become, the more criticism you will receive. Only those who don't attempt anything remain forever above criticism.

Being criticized is not a problem if you develop a positive way of dealing with it. Winston Churchill had framed on the wall of his office the following words of Abe Lincoln: "I do the very best I can, I mean to keep going. If the end brings me out all right, then what is said against me won't matter. If I'm wrong, ten angels swearing I was right won't make a difference." Churchill received much criticism in his lifetime and Abe Lincoln was roundly criticized in his day, just as most of our public figures are today. It takes a person of great courage to forge ahead and do what he honestly believes to be right when critics are howling against him.

Remember that all water in the world won't sink your boat if it doesn't get inside. Rise above it. Make certain you are right, and then stand by your convinctions. If you do, I'll see you at the top!

*Don't be afraid of opposition. Remember, a kite rises against - not with - the wind*

**Happiness is not a station at which you arrive, but a manner of traveling.**

No comments:

Post a Comment