Friday, August 27, 2010

A Thirst For Knowledge

You see, many of us, are studying for the sake of the exam. Yeah, don't lie to me. I'll know. But have you ever think about the knowledge that you possessed? Or about the knowledge that you don't? Have you ever wonder about the magnificent of the knowledge itself? And the answer is of course no, not, nope whatever that disagree with the question i posed earlier. I get it, you only study to get a good exam result, then get a good job, get married and die leaving a tons of fortune for your kids. Well, it's a typical thinking, and even I think like that sometimes. But most of the time I keep thinking, is that it? I mean, is that all? Our whole life, just to get a good job, married and die?

I spent a few years searching for the answer and I have yet reach the final conclusion. But you see, most of the time, my years of searching the answer led me to learn a few new things. And what if for example, we got a mission to complete? You know, like the one in the game that you have. Starcraft II, Crysis Warhead, Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Super Mario, Counter Strike and many other cool games got its own mission. So my question is, what if, you entered a mission of your own? I know for muslims, you will say that your mission is that you want to get to heaven. But did you really doing things that can complete your mission? Really ?

Come to think of it, i do have my own mission. The first one is to master all the basic knowledge that we have. Like i said, all and basic. That's why i learned so many stuff although it's not related with mine. Biology, chemistry, physics, geology, medicine and language are some of the basic stuff that I need to master. Nowadays, the education system only allows us to take one stuff at one time. If you go to engineering, you'll have to give up medicine. Why? Why do we need to do that? Why can't we just take engineering and medicine at the same time? Are you saying it's impossible? Well, I say no! It's possible. It's just you who does not give us the opportunity to take both at the same time. And for that my friend, is what i regret the most.

Yeah, call me a freak or whatever, but yes, I want to master all the basic things. I don't want to go see a doctor and here some alien terms that he'll throw out to me. And who knows? Maybe the doctor lied. Maybe he just want more money. It's the same as lawyers. He keep rambling all the laws that we have and if we don't know anything about laws, who knows if he just making that laws up for their own purposes? You go to Low Yat Plaza and want to buy something, a laptop for example. The chinese man keep telling you this is good, this is best and if you don't know a slightest thing about laptop, how will you know that it's good or not? Grow up people!

Learn! Go search for knowledge! Don't just sit there and accept everything. Not everything is true. And not everything showed to you is correct. By not having the knowledge, you are just like a monkey that only recognized banana as food, not as tool to get other food. Yeah, correct. A monkey!

p/s: I got a bit emotional cause people nowadays don't understand the knowledge. They simply learn the stuff because it's what've been offered to them and they think that it's enough for them to get a job and a career.

No comments:

Post a Comment