Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ideas and Laziness

Lately i feel like i don't want to do anything. Just wanna relax and enjoy every moment that i have. With 5 assignments waiting to be done, I'm quite sure that i actually was just feeling lazy. To add, ideas also don't come that often now. Haih.~ I'm starting to think that there must be something that change. Well, now i'm in the mood of writing something, lets hope that this post contain something useful for you.

It's 1030pm and i was walking with my friend, Nik. He's a nice man. As we was walking, he started a topic of conversation regarding my course of study. So i told him every moment that i could remember as a Petroleum Geoscience student. Field trip, field work, field camp, lecturers and also the technicians, these things are as close as how you can think of about your best friends. Yes, in our courses, our lecturers aren't just lecturers, they are friends with professional background and knowledge. I'm sure if you ask anyone from our courses, they'll say the same thing. I mean, can you get your lecturer to go picnic, lunch together and also, have him play poker card with you. *yeah that's right, my lecturers can do that*

But as far as how things are good between us, i wanna tell you guys that although you can treat your lecturers as friends, make sure you don't cross the professional boundary between you and them. To put it in a simple way, lecturers can be your friends, but don't forget they are still your lecturers. So whatever you do, please respect them. By respect i mean, not only as a lecturer but as the one who has more knowledge than you do in your academic career. Trust me, you may say that you respect the lecturers but your behavior tells otherwise.

You know, habit is one thing that is hard to change. That is why i chose to understand people by finding their habit and infer their behavior. For example, say you are late to class, for the first offender, i think it's forgiven. But if every time you arrive 10 or 15 minutes after class started, that shows that you do not respect your lecturer, you don't value time, and most importantly, this shows that you are weak in following orders, which is the key to be a great leader. I have tons of example that i can tell you but yeah, if i tell you all things that i know about yourself, you may not want to talk to me again. *yes, my mouth is harsh, and if you can receive my critics, than i salute you for that*

It is hard to change habit, but it is possible. Just make sure you have the right habit for in your career and you will start to love things around you more. I think my laziness has come, so i'm gonna stop here. Hopefully there are things that you can use here for yourself.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment