Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nurturing Young Generation

Hi.

Today i'm gonna be a bit patriotic. Enjoy.

Last night i got a phone call. "Kal, jom balik, malam ni jugak." So i was like, ok, no problem. So i pack my things and waited about an hour or so before my friend come picked me up. But then he said, "Kita kena pergi hotel Seri Pacific dulu," the reason being was to fetch my other friends who was staying there for an event with a few "datuk" (datuk here is the title given to someone, usually rich man or someone who contribute something to our country idk). To make long story short, we couldn't go back that night because my friend finished their programme at around 2. So we just sleep instead of driving back to UTP.

Next morning, which is this morning, we drove back to UTP at around 10. But a phone call came in and my friends excluding me need to go to a hotel in Ipoh to finish their other programme. And i was like, damn, i need to go back to UTP you idiot! Yes, a bit frustrated but it's not entirely their fault, it was my fault too because i want to go back early and have to follow them. So i followed them to their programme and there i met with this one guy, i think he's a bit special because he does not talk much about nonsense stuff. Pretty much i'm sure you know which nonsense stuff i'm talking about.

At first, i was hesitate to join into this man conversation with my friend, who had had meeting with dato' earlier. But after i chimed in, i thought, hey this guy is quite good. He's like eddy
(my friend's name) when he's not talking nonsense stuff. Pretty much what we talked about was the programme that eddy was organizing, how he and his organization try to nurture young generation especially malays. He has organized lot of events, mostly related to leadership skills and business-minded thinking. I've joined one of his event and yes, it is good, in a way.

Back to the man i met earlier, he said he loved to organize event, firstly because it helps him to interact with young generation and second, as a teacher (he is a lecturer but i think the word lecturer does not gives the soft aura as the word teacher does), he hopes that by organizing an event or participate in a programme can somehow increase your value as leader. Well, you have to have a good people skills if you want to interact with people. And he sees these skills can be learn and develop if you are trying to develop it by joining event. Then we went off to talk about how chinese organization helps their people, like giving 30% of their income to chinese NGO and ask them to use it on chinese people. I mean, why can't malays do that?

The question is simple yet the answer isn't. It goes back far beyond the current generation that make the nurturing in malays quite impossible. I guess you all know the answer, yes, it is jealousy and the can't-stand-if-someone-is-better-or-richer-than-they-are-so-they'll-do-anything-to-make-them-suffer-and-fail problems. I'm not saying that all malays are like that but if this culture and environment can't be change, i believe it is only the matter of time before we, malays are wipe out in our own country. I get all this from a talk that i had with a man i met only a few hours earlier. So the question now is, how can i help or we help in developing young generation?

I'll discuss this in my next post.

p/s: if somehow i forgot about this please tell me. yeah, my mind kind of working on thousands of projects right now, so sometimes i may lost track about what i'm doing. XD

thanks for reading this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment