Friday, January 29, 2010

We Are Able To Do Anything

Hi/salam.

Last two weeks, I went to a date, not a “date” date but just me with my special friends which I call Haziq, because I have something to discuss with him. The date set place at KL Central, and as usual, I had to spend one and a half hour waiting for him to arrive at that place. I do know the reason but I just keep it in mind because well, he’s my special friend. As we met, we did the usual stuff, hand shake, eat something, discussing the world’s problem and laughing. Then we decided to go to Time Square, also the usual place that we go every time we hang out. While we were walking down the escalator, we saw someone who looks like an artist. Damn, first because it’s a he, second because it was Wan Najlin. He was waiting to buy the ticket to go back but since he met us, we decided to go to Time Square together.

At Time Square, the first thing that we did was eating. Well, it was because Wan is murmuring about his stomach, understand the signal; we went to Lemon Court at Low Yat Plaza. While wan was eating, there was some blind, old man with his daughter I think, came to our table and offer a tissue, which of course we need to pay for it. I said I don’t need any so does Wan and Haziq. Then I said, why is he selling tissues while he can do any other things despite his blind eyes? Yeah, I knew some blind eye man who got their Ph.D and I also knew that handicapped people will get help from the government, but from the way the old man approached us with his daughter, I think that he doesn’t know about all of this stuff.

The discussion about the old man has not finished yet. Wan and Haziq both agree to the fact that the blind old man need some help from us but I said no, he must not do that, depending on others. Because, the people like the old man usually just give up from life, which is why they depend on others, to feel alive. Right now there are tons of things that blind men can do but since we are too lazy to know about this, we end up like the old man. Yeah, blind men can ride a bike nowadays. I know you are not going to believe this, but seriously, they do. Watch Discovery Channel from the first episode until the latest one, I don’t know which episode it is but there was once a documentary about how these blind men ride a bicycle. See? I don’t know about the daughter, but if the daughter or the old man think, they should realize that life hasn’t ended yet.

Yeah, I know some stuff that handicapped people use. If you are deaf, use the amplifier (I don't know the real name for this thing), you can understand what people say in no time, if you leg has been chopped of, use cane, if your hand is chopped of, use the artificial hand. If your penis is chopped of, finger can replace it. The point is, with technology nowadays, handicapped people are getting much more attention than we normal people do. But, we, who born as normal and then become handicapped due to accident or whatsoever will never realize this. Why? Because we never think that we are going to be like that one day. Just don’t accept that your life has ended because you lose one arm, it just an arm anyway. Or leg.

Okay, let us continue with some other thing. I don't know whether this has some connection with the above but, just read it. Let say that you was admitted to a hospital and the doctor said, “Mr X, you have terminal cancer.” Isn’t it shocking? I bet it was. Then you will look down, or to your family, cry, hug and some other family stuff before you start thinking about your religion. Why did you do all that stuff for? Is the doctor the one who decided when are you going to die? No, Allah did. So, why do you need to act like the world is going to end tomorrow? My point here is not actually all the emotion, ethics and religion thing but you still got your brain. Well, people will usually think when are they gonna die but if you use that little time to think about how to cure cancer, isn’t it good? “I’m not a doctor.” So? Learn, do we have to be a doctor in know some doctor stuff? Unless you got something that cause your brain to degenerate or stop to think, then you are as good as dead. Not to be cruel here, but that is the fact, if your brain die, you die. Ask the doctor if you don't believe this stuff.

*This post is a bit of self muttering that's why a lot of irrelevant thing came out.


No comments:

Post a Comment