Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Advancement of Science and Technology


I just finished reviewing some of the fact in http://www.physorg.com/ and I relized how fast the world is evoloving. For example, if you browse all the articles contain inside the website, you will encounter many articles about quantum computer. And take note the date the article was published in this website. The fact that scientists are able to advance in such period of time show that we are moving towards the advance future.

I was also fascinated by the fact that a small finding in sciences may bring in big changes to many application industry. For instance, graphene, a new material coming out from the laboratory. Graphene tremble the world of science especially in nanomaterial area because this wonder material, is the thinnest and yet the strongest material in the world. It also conducts electricity 100 times faster than silicon in computer chips. This finding is said to interest many government and non-government company to further their research on this material. This include in replacing the silicon with graphene and produce a more efficient computer chips. However, this has a long way to go.
Here for further reading http://www.physorg.com/news166730304.html

When I read about long term memory have something to do with hippocampus, I remembered something during my childhood time. At that time, desktop computer is like alien thing to us (me and my friends) and only be used by rich people and company to do their job. During that time, desktop computer had a very high price but just 5 or 6 years later, the price dropped rapidly and with the existence of laptop, we seldomly think about using desktop as our main computer due to its immobility.

Same thing happen to floppy disk. For those who don't know what floppy disks are, it is the square shape, made up of plastic, usually black in colour and have something on its center (I don't know what was that called). Maybe you don't understand the term floppy disks but if I said to you the term USB drive or pendrive or thumb drive maybe you are familiar with it. Yeah, these drives are the latest advancement on how to store things and bring it anywhere you want, just like floppy disks. But unfortunately, the drives have overcome the floppy disks in terms of storage capacity and interesting appearance and this cause the floppy disks to become obsolete.

I can list many more things that happen in science and technology world but there are two things that prevent me from keep writing. First, this post will be long and boring and second, I want you to search and read for yourself about this. The third fact which I actually don't want to write is I am very sleepy to continue writing this post. So I guess I just stop here and if you have something to add just do so at the comments section.



-What you need to gain knowledge are big will, more effort and a little big of courage. Combine these and you can become a person you'll never know-
-Thinking is the most difficult process to do and that is why so little people try to engage with it and only a few succeed in this process-

No comments:

Post a Comment