Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Reading As Way to Improve Yourself


In this post, I want to highlight how important reading is. Reading is a cognitive process of understanding a written linguistic message (definition from wordweb dictionary). Imagine what you can actually know from a single, simple book. For me, I started to read when I was three years old (read, not talk). When I when to kindergarten at 5, I was able to spell and read many things while my friends at that time couldn't even remember what came after T alphabet.

I remember that during my childhood, I love to read story books, especially about animal, facts and math. When I read a book about animal, it said that tiger is carnivor. They it meat. Tiger has stripes in it's back. It also has sharp claws. It lives in jungles. I think if I had not read that book, I wouldn't able to tell which was the tiger when me and my friends in kindergarten when to zoo together. Also if I don't read, I did not know the answer for who was the creator of telephone..which the answer was Alexander Graham Bell. If I don't read also I can't answer why Japanese people are able to achieve their level now.

I sure that everyone has their own opinion about reading and I'm just one from the everyone. Reading help me to understand human nature the most and because of reading, I am able to stand where I was now. To parents to be, please make sure that your child do read, because reading develop your own way of thinking.

For those who want to start reading, you should find out what type of books interest you. It can be biography, crime, novel, history, science and many more. By finding what you can now proceed to how. Learn how to read correctly, not just read that book until you feel tired or bored. You can learn techniques on how to read in many website on the internet. Then proceed to when. In this process, find the time you feel most comfortable to read and make sure you read everytime the time comes by. For me I read when I bored so when I get bored, I either grab a book or search something on the Internet. You should also find a proper condition for you to read without any disturbance from anywhere.

I guess that's all from me now. I hope some part of me really want to change by doing this. "I change not because I have to, but because I want to". That was some quote that someone give it to me so that you don't feel really down just because you want to change.




If you want to change the world, you should start changing yourself.
The most powerful weapon of all time is human brain.
Read: In the name of thy Lord, who createth. Createth men from a clot. Read: And thy Lord is the most Bounteous. Who teacheth by the pen. Theacheth man that which be knew not.
(Al-Quran, 96:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment